Harness Racing’s Greatest Race”
The $1.5 Million Hambletonian and the $750,000 Hambletonian Oaks
Hambletonian Day has something great for everyone in the family: An epic sporting event. A free outdoor concert. Family Fun Activities in Paddock Park. An on-track parade. And great giveaways. So come to the Meadowlands Racetrack and wager on the world’s greatest 3-year-old trotters!
On-track parade begins at 10:10 a.m. and features the the 2009 Hambletonian Winning Owners & Trainer Greg Peck, Newark & Passaic Mounted Police, Horsemen’s Association of Millstone, Roger Hammer & Vivid Photo Hambo Tony (the Hambletonian mascot), Medieval Times, Willow Grove Clydesdales and more!
2010 commemorative Hambletonian Baseball cap to adults and a Hambletonian Lunch Bag for children. (With paid admission, while supply lasts)
Kings Food Drive – bring in a non-perishable food item in for free admission
Paddock Park Events include:
- Autograph Session with The Stars of Harness Racing – 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Live Music by The N.E.R.D.S. – 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Face Painters
- Carnival Games, Carnival mechanical rides, and inflatables
- Clydesdale Pony Rides
The race card also features:
- $525,000 Merrie Annabelle
- $523,000 Peter Haughton Memorial
- $400,000 Mistletoe Shalee
- $325,000 US Pacing Championship
- $300,000 Nat Ray
- $246,000 Lady Liberty
- $230,000 Oliver Wendell Holmes
Gates open 9:30 a.m.
First Race 11:35 a.m.